Sunday, January 25, 2015

Rangoli on tile

Rangolis are beautiful designs or patterns created on the floor , especially during festivals or any special occasion. They can be made in a variety of designs from different materials such as colored sand, colored rice or flower petals and symbolizes welcoming the god. 
I love making sand rangolis during Diwali but feel equally sad the following day when it is wiped off. I always wished to somehow retain the rangolis and that's when I thought of making a permanent one on a tile.



Although this one is nowhere close to an original rangoli as I have used acrylic colors, but it does serve the purpose. On festivals, I place it on the hallway or outside the house to welcome the guests and use it as a show piece rest of the time. Also, saves the effort if you are running short of time to create rangolis.

No comments:

Post a Comment