Saturday, July 19, 2014

Quilling with a twist!


Quilling or paper filigree is an art form that involves the use of strips of paper that are rolled, shaped, and glued together to create decorative designs. 
I started quilling few months back and since then I have found this art more and more interesting. I started off with traditional thin strips that are readily available in the market but have moved on to a little different version now. Few  weeks before Valentine's day I decided to make heart-shaped frame using different tones of pink and red strips. But I couldn't get the specific colors of strips. When I was about to leave the store with disappointment, I saw a section of papers with almost all possible shades. And I picked up the ones I was looking for, cut them into strips (thicker than standard strips) and started off my project. :)

Valentine's day special!!

Since then, I prefer buying sheets of paper instead of quilling strips. Created a couple of more frames & wall-hangings using the art of quilling.
Sunshine frame
Welcome!!



No comments:

Post a Comment